Singaporeans, Permanent Residents and International Students with the following education backgrounds:
GCE A Levels
- At least 3 passes in H2 content subjects, and
- passes in General Paper and Project Work, and
- a pass in a H1 contrasting subject
Local Polytechnic Diploma
- A diploma from Nanyang Polytechnic, Ngee Ann Polytechnic, Singapore Polytechnic, Republic Polytechnic or Temasek Polytechnic
International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma
- A diploma from an IB School
NUS High School Diploma
- A diploma from NUS High School
- If you have an equivalent of the above-mentioned qualifications, SAT^ or ACT# (with writing test) is required.
^ For SAT, we require a minimum score of 1900 (before May 2016) or 1260 (From May 2016)
# For ACT, we require a total score of 28 and a Writing Score of 24 (before Sept 2016) or 8 (From Sept 2016)
GCE O Level English
- If you have done GCE O Level English, a minimum grade of C6 is required.
You need to meet the following mother tongue (MTL) requirement:
|GCE A Levels / NUS High School Diploma||International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma|
- minimum of D7 for the higher MTL paper taken at the 'O' Level examination
- minimum of 'S' grade for the H1 MTL paper or General Studies in Chinese
- minimum of 'S' grade for the H2 paper taken at the 'A' Level examination
- pass in the MTL 'B' Syllabus paper at the 'A' Level examination
- pass in SL/HL MTL A or B paper at IBDP Examination
If you have been exempted from MTL, the MOE-approved subject-in-lieu will be considered as your MTL subject.
For those who are exempted from MTL requirement, please submit your MTL exemption letter issued by MOE to the Full-time Admissions office no later than 30 June in the year of admission.
Applicants who have not satisfied the requirements above may be admitted on a provisional basis and will be required to attain the MTL requisite within the period of their University study before being permitted to graduate from the University.