To ensure course fees remain affordable, SSG will provide 70% subsidy for Singapore Citizens and Singapore Permanent Residents for approved SkillsFuture courses. This will be applicable to both self-sponsored and company-sponsored applicants. Self-sponsored applicants can offset the remaining course fees using their SkillsFuture Credit. Eligible applicants can further benefit from other SSG subsidies of up to 95% such as WTS, ETSS and the SkillsFuture Mid-Career Enhanced Subsidy. Applicants who are eligible need only pay the difference between the full fees (set by the University) and the government funding from SSG.
Only Singapore citizens (SCs) and Permanent Residents (PRs) are eligible for the funding. They must meet the following criteria to be eligible for the funding:
- Applicants have not previously received a government funding for the same course; and
- Are enrolled as Credit students; and
- Applicants are required to achieve at least 75% attendance and/or sit and pass any prescribed examinations/assessments or submit any course/project work (if any) under the course requirement; and
- Applicants are required to complete all surveys and provide feedback related to the course
The funding does not cover:
- Resit fee
- Extra courses taken beyond the requirements for the undergraduate degree programme
- Auxiliary charges and administrative fees (e.g., course choice amendment, deferment, transfer of programme, challenge exam fee, exam appeal, etc.), overseas travel expenses, etc.
- Any penalty charges (e.g., late fee payment)
- Any other miscellaneous fees
Singapore Citizens (SCs) aged 40 and above who are pursuing approved SkillsFuture courses with SUSS will enjoy a subsidy of up to 90%. The availability of the SkillsFuture Mid-Career Enhanced Subsidy will be tied to a SC student's eligibility for the approved courses. Hence, a SC student must be eligible for the approved SkillsFuture courses in order to be eligible for the enhanced subsidy.
With this enhanced subsidy, SC students aged 40 and above (to be counted based on the year which he/she turns 40 years old) will pay course fees that are up to 90% lower than the standard subsidised fees payable by other SC/PR students who are below 40 years old.
Below is an example of how the fees are computed for a SUSS course for a SC/PR aged below 40 and a SC aged 40 and above:
S'poreans and PRs (aged below 40)
SkillsFuture Mid-Career Enhanced Subsidy1 (S’poreans aged 40 and above)
Full course fee (A)
SSG grant (70%) (B)
Nett course fee (A) - (B) = (C)
7% GST on nett course fee (D)
Total nett course fee payable, including GST (C) + (D) = (E)
Less additional funding if eligible under various schemes (F)
Total nett course fee payable, including GST, after additional funding from the various funding schemes (E) – (F) = (G)
Please refer to below table for funding available:
|Singaporean and PR||Singaporean|
| ||Aged 18 and above||Sponsored by SME||Aged 40 and above||Aged 35 and above, and earn ≤ $2,000 per month|
|*Funding available||70% of the course fee||Up to 90% of the course fee Enhanced Training Support for SMEs1||Up to 90% of the course fee SkillsFuture Mid-Career Enhanced Subsidy2||Up to 95% of the course fee Workfare Training Support3|
1 Under the Enhanced Training Support for Small & Medium Enterprises (SMEs) Scheme. For more information, click here.
2 Under the SkillsFuture Mid-Career Enhanced Subsidy. For more information, visit the SkillsFuture website here.
3 Under the Workfare Training Support (WTS) scheme. For more information on the scheme, click here.
*Terms and Conditions
- Participants are required to achieve at least 75% attendance and/or sit and pass any prescribed examinations/assessments or submit any course/project work (if any) under the course requirement.
- Participants are required to complete all surveys and provide feedback related to the course.
- The University reserves the right to adjust course fees without prior notice.
- Singapore University of Social Sciences reserves the right to amend and/or revise the above schedule without prior notice.
For more information on SkillsFuture Funding Related Matters, please click here.