Next Available Intakes: 22 April 2019, 15 November 2019
Venue: Singapore University of Social Sciences
Cyber security remains an endless challenge for enterprises, organizations and governments globally.
This course focuses on factors that encapsulate a holistic approach to cyber security. The advanced level training taps on the security knowledge gained from the basic and intermediate Cyber Security courses. It discusses the Internet of Things (IoT) and the emerging technologies that support it. It will show how cyber security becomes even more critical in the IoT era and touch on the reasons why even the best practices and measures cannot give total protection from cyber-crime. However, with a good cyber security eco-system of technical, physical, administrative and cultural measures, and a pro-active community of government, industry, enterprise and individuals, cyber-crime can be mitigated.
Equip yourself with the skills to put an end to endless cyber threats.
By the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Appraise the security measures to safeguard data, networks and applications
- Appreciate the importance of developing applications in a secure manner
- Describe the management and organizational practices that support secure software development
- Explain what IoT is, its infrastructure and its revolutionary applications
- Review the various technologies and how they support the IoT infrastructure
- Understand how cyber-crime and other security and privacy issues are evolving in light of IoT
- Appreciate the need for continuous education on developments in the cyber world in order to be cyber safe
1. An Overview of IT Security
- Security Considerations for Data, Networks and Applications
- CIAN and Secure Software Development
- Management Practices for Secure Software Development
- Organizational Practices for Secure Software Development
2. IoT as the 4th Industrial Revolution
- IoT and its possibilities
- IoT Infrastructure
- Enabling Technologies
3. Increasing Ramifications of Cyber Threats
- Cyber Security in Context of IoT
- Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning
- The Cyber Security Ecosystem
- Can Cyber Security Measures give 100% Protection?
- The Cyber Security Community
Please submit the following documents to Y2V0QHN1c3MuZWR1LnNn:
- Coloured copy (back and front) of NRIC for Singaporeans and PRs, or "Employment"/"S" Pass for foreign applicant
- Recent payslip or income statement (For WTS scheme only)
- Application form
* Participants are required to achieve at least 75% attendance and/or sit and pass any prescribed examinations/assessments or submit any course/project work (if any) under the course requirement.