SUSS alumni can continue their lifelong learning journey with a new scheme called Lifelong Learning Credit (L2C) of $500 per alumnus. The objective of this scheme is to encourage SUSS alumni to continue upgrading themselves to remain relevant and employable. The scheme is managed by CCPE.
The scheme starts in July 2018. It does not replace ACE and ACE + but runs concurrently with them.
1. Who is eligible?
An alumnus is defined as a graduate who has successfully completed a degree programme, conferred by SUSS (formerly SIM University), at undergraduate or graduate level.
A fresh graduate may enjoy 3 schemes: ACE, ACE+ (from the cohort who completed in the July 2014 semester onw ards) and L2C.
2. How does the scheme work?
An alumnus will be credited with an L2C of $500 as soon as he/she qualifies.
3. What courses can the L2C be used to pay for?
- An alumnus can use the L2C to pay for any course or workshop* organised by CCPE.
- Excluded are courses which have been taken in their programme.
- Courses can be at undergraduate or graduate levels.
- Prevailing rules regarding the award of certificates apply.
- It cannot be used to pay the registration, GST and miscellaneous fees.
*Term and Conditions apply
4. What is the minimum amount that can be utilised?
There is no minimum amount.
5. Can this scheme be combined with the SkillsFuture credit of $500?
Yes. There is no restriction in the order of use.
6. What other terms and conditions are there?
Applicants for CET courses pay a one-time non-refundable CET registration fee at the prevailing rate of $64.20. SUSS reserves the right to increase this fee without prior notice. Anyone who has registered for a CET course before this scheme does not need to pay the registration fee again.
The alumnus must complete at least 50% of the Overall Continuous Assessment (OCAS) of a credit-bearing course, or all workshop assessments, to enjoy the funding.
The alumnus must comply with any other requirements of the course or workshop such as attendance requirements.
7. How many seats are available for each course under this scheme?
The number of seats available depends on the demand for the course or workshop. (Priority is given to students who are reading the course(s) for their degree.)
Seats will be allocated on a first-come first-served basis.
8. How do applicants apply for the "eligible courses"?
Applicants are required to key in "Claim for L2C" under "Sponsorship" Column during registration.
Within one week after registration for modular courses, applicants are to produce the original and a photocopy of the following documents for verification at Singapore University of Social Sciences , 463 Clementi Road, Singapore 599494 , Student Recruitment Department, Blk C Level 1. Operating Hours: 8:30am to 7:30pm (Mon-Fri), 9:00am to 1:00pm (Sat)
- 1 recent colour passport-sized photograph
- 1 copy of of employment signed by your HR/immediate supervisor, or 1 copy of your latest computerised payslip, or 24 months CPF statement, or certification completion of NS
9. Where can I get more information on the scheme?
For more information on CET registration and related matters, please email us at Y2V0QHN1c3MuZWR1LnNn.