CET Admission Eligibility
- At least 18 years of age; and
- GCE 'A' level with two passes (prior to 2006) or two H2 passes (from 2006), or local polytechnic diploma; or International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma; or NUS High School Diploma
- Applicants with a Technical Diploma from ITE or other Diploma qualification plus an acceptable SAT1 or ACT (with Writing) score may be considered for admission on a case-by-case basis
- If not, at least 5 GCE 'O' Levels & interview
- Specific programmes will have additional requirements.
- An undergraduate degree or an equivalent qualification from a recognised institution;
- At least 21 years of age;
- Have 2 years of full-time work experience, or have fully discharged full-time NS liability, or be currently employed on a full-time basis; and
- Specific courses will have additional requirements.
Application for CET modular courses is to be made online. Each application must be accompanied by a non-refundable application fee of $64.20 (inclusive of GST) for an e-application (payable online only).
There may be additional items that are not covered by the tuition fees. These could include items such as recommended textbooks, resit examination fee, etc.
Please click here for other fees.
SUSS offers the following CET modular course fee concessions1:
- Applicants who are 50 years old and above will enjoy a 10% course fee concession for CET modular courses and short courses.
- Applicants who are 60 years old and above will enjoy a 20% course fee concession for CET modular courses and short courses.
- Applicants who are Alumni (Doctoral, Master's or Bachelor's programme) of SUSS will enjoy a 20% course fee concession for CET modular courses and short courses.
Students will enjoy only one of the three categories of concession. The above concessions are applicable to all CET modular courses offered by SUSS unless specified otherwise. Concessions are not applicable to students eligible for SkillsFuture Funding, or for courses offered by external institutions/organisations. will be made subject to availability of places in the course. However, these concessions are not to be used concurrently with any other concessions and/or funding.
Students will be sent the bill for course fee payment (and other additional fees, if applicable) at the start of each semester. You will usually be given about 1 week to pay the fees.
Students who do not meet fee payment deadlines imposed by the University will incur penalty fees. If fees are not paid by the due date indicated in the bill, a late fee will be imposed.
If written notice of withdrawal is given within the cooling off period2, a full refund of the fees paid less $117.70 (inclusive of GST) administrative charge will be given. No refund will be given for withdrawal thereafter.
Application Period for January Semester: October to End November
Application Period for July Semester: April to End May
CET Courses only have a choice of Audit or Credit mode.
- Audit – Students attend classes only. Not permitted to take assessments and examinations. Certificate of Participation will be issued.
- Credit – Students to attend classes and pass the course requirements (e.g. assessments and examinations). Course Certificate will be issued upon passing the course.
- If a CET student on Credit mode did not fulfil the course requirements, i.e. did not take or submit the required assessments or fail the course, this student will still receive a Certificate of Participation.
Please click here for the academic calendar.
Our unique credit recognition scheme creates a pathway to a degree by awarding you academic credits for every module that you successfully complete. These credit-bearing modules can be stacked towards a degree at Singapore University of Social Sciences.
(Terms and Conditions apply)
Our courses and programmes are designed to be highly flexible and scalable, so they support how, when and where you want to learn as you move on the fast track to greater career mobility. The choice is yours to take just one module or four. You can either audit the courses or read them for credit.
CET courses may be taken as single modules or as advanced professional courses from the Office of Graduate Studies (graduate certification courses).